Estate Sales Procedures
We take great PRIDE in providing a smooth experience throughout your estate sale process.
The key to a successful estate sale is through good communication. By keeping the lines of communication open we can avoid mistakes and misunderstandings.
What to Expect Before the Sale
VINTAGE VALUE will provide the following:
- A free, professional and personal consultation.
- A contract agreement between Vintage Value Estate Services and our clients; detailing the provisions and expectations for the sale.
- Furnish tables and and pricing materials.
- Arrange and display all household items and furniture to best display your estate sale.
- Price all items.
- Create sales ad with clear pictures and detailed descriptions.
- Place ad on local networking sights such as Estatesales.net, Craigslist.com, Estatesales.org, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp and LetGo. In addition we will run the ad on our website.
- Each ad will contain the location, dates and times of the sale.
- Colorful, patterned signs will be placed in prime locations each morning of each sale day.
- Secure all areas of home.
- Represent you and your family in a professional and courteous manner.
Evaluation of Your Estate
After an evaluation of your estate, we will work together to determine the details of the estate sale:
- Either a two or three day sale depending on the size of the estate.
- Reserve a date on our calendar to best suit both parties, discuss contract details and finalize the agreement.
- Discuss and set a flat percentage rate for which Vintage Value Estate Services will be paid.
- Discuss after sale events. Such as:
Clean outs (how you want to handle items that didn't sell?)
Show ready cleaning: Will you want your house left in broom swept condition or do you require a more thorough cleaning to prepare your house for sale?
- Make payment arrangements.
What to Expect During the Sale
- We will greet and assist customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- We will provide security throughout the house.
- Merchandise and home are straightened constantly to maintain a fresh appearance.
- We accept cash and personal checks for payment.
- Our staff will carefully assist customers when removing their purchases.
- Area signage checked daily.
- If selling your home, we can display information provided by your agent at your request.
What to Expect After the Sale
To complete your sale:
- Last day of sale will be advertised at 50% off everything.
- Any pickup arrangements will be addressed.
- All signage will be removed from the home and the streets.
- Sales supplies and tables will be removed.
- If you desire, arrangements can be made with a charity of your choice or we can provide one for any remaining estate items. Donations may be tax deductible.
- Full payment will be made within 7 days from completion of the sale.
- Keys will be returned to the clients.
For the Real Estate Agent
- We can conduct a sale while the house is on the market, before it goes on the market, or even after it has sold.
- A sale ad will be posted to our email and website, including agent contact information if requested.
- Listing flyers and/or the agents contact information could be available at the cashier desk if provided by the real estate agent.
SO WHY WAIT?
CALL US TODAY